Monday, July 25, 2011

Scallops on White Bean Purée

As per my current norm, I had these delicious Garlic White Beans made and in my fridge for snacking and side-dish purposes. 
Then, there was a special on diver scallops, which are always good for a meal since they cook in under 5 minutes.
You can see where I'm going with this...

Hot pan with a bit of olive oil, add lightly seasoned scallops.
(Do not rush the pan. Wait until it has gotten fully hot, or you will not get a nice crust on your scallops!)
2-3 minutes on the first side, and flip.

About a minute into cooking the second side, add a pat of butter to the hot pan.
Swirl/spoon the melted butter over and around the scallops for another minute.
Done.

Place on a plate with puréed garlic white beans, drizzle the now browned butter from the pan on top, and call it an appetizer.

Of course, the dish above has WAY more bean purée than you would normally serve with 3 scallops, but as this comprised the entirety of my lunch, I needed more beans to round out the meal.
But throw in a nice crisp baby-greens salad with a lemony vinaigrette and you might have a lovely light dinner for a hot night.

No comments: