Monday, March 14, 2011

Panini Parm

Super fast weeknight dinner solution:
The panino.
There are so many ways to make super tasty panini. This one is a spin on chicken parm I made in about 7 minutes with some leftover chicken breast, mozzarella, basil, tomato sauce, & grated pecorino.

I was so lazy for this meal I didn't even take down the panini press. I just sliced the bread, gave it a brush with olive oil, and browned it in the sauté pan.

Next I put a bit of tomato sauce on each side of bread and stacked a slice of mozzarella, sliced chicken (leftover from the weekly roast chicken), basil, and of course more mozzarella. Sprinkle with grated pecorino and slap it together.
Weigh it down with a lid (or kitchen brick) until the cheese melts and dinner is done.

And no, there is no "finished product" shot of the lovely melty cheese because the Hubs ate it so fast.

(Expect further explorations into The Sandwich, as it always seems to get a "this is my favorite!" from the Hubs. Even tho he is equally supportive of the weekly roast chicken dinner, it's nice to know that sometimes I can just slap meat and cheese on bread and be done!)

No comments: