Thursday, August 5, 2010

End Of Days

So I was passed the End Of Days award by a loyal reader (who frequently leaves very nice comments on my blog, so I thought I should make sure I was quick about following through with this post) and I must say this is going to be a simple one for me to answer.


I believe the basic question is: If you knew the Mayans were right about the end of the world happening in 2012, What Would You Do?

My answer is simple and entirely predictable if you know me at all.
I would move to Italy and spend the rest of my days eating and drinking fabulous things, and staring at all the beauty that country has to offer, both natural and man made.

Along those lines, I'll treat you w/ a few pics from my honeymoon in 2006...
Doge's Palace, Venice

A street corner, Murano

Ponte Vecchio, Florence

San Gimignano 

Doorway, San Gimignano

Pantheon, Rome

Path in Capri

Faraglioni, Capri

Our balcony, Positano
Sigh... the hubs practically had to drag me onto the plane home...

The issue of passing this along is a bit of a hitch because it seems most of my regular commenters do not have a link to a blog... at least not a link to a blog that our Apocalypse Creator did not already pass this along to.
So if you'd like to answer this, give me a shout in the comments and I can send it along to you.
Yes YOU!

3 comments:

Joe Ambrosino said...

I love Italy too! That's a great idea for waiting out the end.I have friends who just returned from Sardinia. Their culinary experience alone made me wish I was living anywhere in Italy.

Chuck said...

RnRG: I have just added Italy to my list of things, however my wife would probably never get back on the plane...I had the eating part after reading Pat Tillet's list.

This has been a fun thing for me and I've gotten a lot of interesting and varied responses.

AND I found the coolest cooking aid at the store yesterday and I will post pictures and my thoughts about it on my blog in the next day or so...I'll let you know so you can tell me what you think.

RocknRollGourmet said...

Joe - I think you are biologically required to love Italy! But yes, I would rather spend the end of time in Italy eating and drinking and enjoying rather than bumming on a beach. Tho they have those there too... :)

Chuck - I shall try to check it out. I'm traveling a lot in August, starting tomorrow! Limited computer access, but I'll try to check it out.